Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A gentle breeze

It wasn’t too hot today – only 98 degrees Fahrenheit. We had a slight Delta breeze so the air conditioner did not work too hard. The house fan maintained a pleasant temperature. When San Francisco and the Bay Area are foggy in the morning, the cool air comes right up the river and kisses our island.

Speaking of breezes and fans; today’s block is a fan. The block combines paper piecing and appliqué.

You can print out the fan foundation by clicking on the graphic below.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Hmph. You got me with that one. I read the title "A gentle breeze" in my RSS reader, and thought "How in the world is she going to quilt a breeze?!"

A fan. I should have known you'd find a way.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I needed the fan today too...only 80 here, but we are weenies and roast in these temps!

10:54 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I agree with Vicky - too hot up here - hopefully it will cool down a bit so we wimps won't be so whiney. I remember those soft delta breezes from when we lived in CA - ahhh delightful weather, and delightful fan - I love fan blocks.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mary Qwerty said...

I admire the way you take everyday things and turn them into art...very lovely!

www.mydollhousehome.blogspot.com

9:32 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Very pretty fan, & love the idea of your Island being kissed by the breeze from the river!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home