Friday, September 25, 2009

A football great

… grandson, that is. Joey is on the Phantoms team in Sonoma County. He is a running back. In his second game this season he ran a 60 yard touchdown. Way to go!

To celebrate this achievement I made a 4-inch football cleats block.

I was going to put a Swoosh on the side of the shoe, but I learned a bit about trademark restrictions by visiting this informative site: Duets Blog. If you make this little block for your football player you can add the Swoosh, but I dare not put it on my pattern (project).

I can show you a close-up of Joey’s cleats.

You can make this 4-inch paper pieced football cleats block. If you have football fans in your family this would make a splendid cornerstone block for a quilt. Click on the small graphic below to find a three-part foundation to print out for your own personal use.

If this block looks somewhat familiar, it is because I did a walking shoe block (no cleats) for my block-a-day July calendar.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Barb Forrister said...

Hi Christine,

The cleat looks so realistic and I love how you set it on a grass background. Really cool!

7:52 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

This block pattern is really spectactular. You are so creative. I think it would make a great to use for postcards, too, for football fans . . . this one is one of my favorites.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Your blocks are wonderful.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home