Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Red shoes

Today is the 70th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz movie. I’ve been thinking about shoes lately. The two shoes I put up on my blog – cleats, and the walking shoe – have led readers to suggest I do a series of shoes. So, without further ado, here is my block-of-the-day for today:
I have some ideas for variations on this theme. I’ll be working on them in the next few days. Have you read Manolo’s Shoe Blog? I learned about it on Terry Grant’s blog and I pop in every so often to see the shoes. I am a sneaker kind of gal and don’t even own a pair of high heels anymore. I do have a pair of Finn Comfort black suede wedge shoes for “good.”
In the meantime, you can increase your shoe wardrobe by making a 4-inch paper pieced high heel shoe (perhaps a pair). Click on the small graphic below and it will take you to some foundations to print out for your own personal use. This is a kind of tricky pattern. I didn’t find it very easy to do, but I will improve with practice.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Meggie said...

This block is amazing! What a fabulous shoe.
I loved shoes when I was young, the higher the better. Now, like you, I dont own any, nor do I miss them, though occasionally I see shoes I wish I could still wear.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

great block. These days making the block would be easier than wearing the shoe!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Yep, I am in the same boat. But since I hate to throw things away I still have the shoes from my first wedding w/stiletto heels and criminally pointed toes. Probably the most expensive shoes I ever bought. And I have my "vamping" shoes, shaped like the wedding shoes, but in black silk with colorful squares (woven as I recall). I sometimes wonder who was that young woman who ripped up the dance floor so looooong ago.
I've not worn either pair in over fifty years! I sure wish I could wear your red shoes they are delicious.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Mego said...

This is wonderful! You MUST see WICKED if it comes close to you! Just saw it Saturday night with my daughter and we absolutely loved it. Thanx for a great block.
Mego

9:55 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

"click click" ....perfect block to celebrate!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home